April 13: Waffle House® Museum Excursion
The Waffle House® Museum is the site of the very first Waffle House® restaurant. It opened in 1955 after two neighbors, Joe Rogers, Sr. and Tom Forkner, decided Avondale Estates needed a 24-hour restaurant. Today, the chain has 1,700 restaurants in 25 states. You’ll tour the restaurant that has been restored to look as though you are stepping back into 1955. In addition to the restaurant, the museum features Waffle House® memorabilia from the past 60 years, including menus, uniforms, dishes and more! After our tour, we’ll have lunch at Golden Corral.
• Meet at 9:15 am in the choir room; leave by 9:30 am; tour at 10:30 am; lunch at 11:45 am.
• Cost is $15 and includes your lunch.
• Space is limited to 30 people.
• Make reservation with payment by Monday, April 10.
May 25: Picnic at Morgan Falls
Relax and enjoy the beauty of the Chattahoochee River with a great time of fellowship and a delicious picnic! We’ll have an icebreaker at 10:30 am and lunch will be served at 11:00 am.
• Meet at 10:00 am in the choir room to ride the bus, or meet us at 10:30 am at the park.
• Cost is $10 per person (due with reservation).
• Space on the buses is limited to 30 people, but you may also drive yourself.
• Make reservation with payment by Monday, May 22.